Monday 13 January 2014

Sweet Home Chicago

The day Queso Fresca saved my life at Big Star Tacos.
Sunshiney day at the bean

I freaked out and asked for pickled carrots on my grilled cheese. Worked out pretty delicious in the end.

Fuck Buttons at Subterranean. The night I thought my hearing had finally gone.

Me and my yellow backpack enjoying Chi Town art.

Within less than 12 hours of being in Chicago I had my first real travel mishap. I lost my phone. I cried. Several times. I didn't have much connection to the actual phone, just all of the glorious things that I had stored on it, which I might add, was not backed up as I had disabled icloud AND find my iphone to save battery life. Really Appelsin? top work. So here are some photos I stole from my boyfriend's phone.
Chicago really is about 100 times cooler than I first thought it would be. Kinda like a mini and slightly quieter New York city.  We ate the cliched deep dish pizza, I had my first experience with Malt Liquor, we met some very lovely people who took us home to their fire pit and had our second encounter with Mr John C Reilly. Some hiccups happened in Chicago, but we picked ourselves up, brushed ourselves off and drank another beer. Again, having an excellent Airbnb pad and host really can make your stay in a city just that much better.
Wicker Park is where its at Y'all.
www.airbnb.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment